We decided to sit down with the kids and talk about what characteristics describe a member of the Newell Nation. I hoped it would be a short, clear concise list but that is not turning out to be the case. Oh well…
- Obey God and higher authorities the first time
- Help people who are in need. Build homes. Provide food
- Treat people they you want to be treated; be kind
- Tell truth no matter the outcome
- Do not cheat; Be fair
- Only judge from a pure heart; we are all sinners in need of a savior
- Be a good steward with the Lord’s Money: Give first, save next, spend latter
- Tell people about Jesus
- Slow speak, quick listen, and slow to get angry
- Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Love never fails; love never gives up; love is kind; love is patient; love is not jealous.
- Keep praying
- Practice hospitality
- Hold tightly to what is good
- Never be lazy, but work hard and serve Lord enthusiastically
More to come.