I have no idea what this story was about for school but it was creative!!
In a land a couple of what-moppers away from our own was the town of Doodenton. Inhabited by none other than the Doodens! They stood around three diddles tall and came in all kinds of shapes! There’s Didenloo on her flooper-whapper that ninklenoops the town. Accompanied with her are her three brothers; Fligenbloo, Tichzenku, and Didd! They all rode behind Didenloo in their Fropenschatzers that were laced in groupleobs that did all sorts of tricks! Didd’s Fropenschatzer would Hinglesnoop all the froblegop grass and Tichzenku’s would Vooglewrap the Garyloon trees! Fligenbloo’s Fropenschatzer would Saplogoo all the Quinloo birds and pet all the Zerinblogs.
We decided to sit down with the kids and talk about what characteristics describe a member of the Newell Nation. I hoped it would be a short, clear concise list but that is not turning out to be the case. Oh well…
- Obey God and higher authorities the first time
- Help people who are in need. Build homes. Provide food
- Treat people they you want to be treated; be kind
- Tell truth no matter the outcome
- Do not cheat; Be fair
- Only judge from a pure heart; we are all sinners in need of a savior
- Be a good steward with the Lord’s Money: Give first, save next, spend latter
- Tell people about Jesus
- Slow speak, quick listen, and slow to get angry
- Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Love never fails; love never gives up; love is kind; love is patient; love is not jealous.
- Keep praying
- Practice hospitality
- Hold tightly to what is good
- Never be lazy, but work hard and serve Lord enthusiastically
More to come.
In addition to regular blog entries, photos, and family videos (password protected) we will post shows which document every day life for the citizens of Newell Nation. Episode 1 – 3 titled March Madness should be out soon. Crazy things are on the horizon for the Nation of Newell!! Stay tuned!